Die schwarze TD-3 gibt es hier
Die blaue TD-3 gibt es hier
Back to save the world, this friendly little box never needed the bulk of a massive modular synth wall, or the fussiness of a huge keyboard and an army of controls to gain the considerable cult status that it probably never expected. This is the old Roland TV-303, repackaged and reborn in the shape of the Behringer TD-3. Designed to work seamlessly alongside other recent legend-based Behringer gear, the renowned '80s bass rammed into this device comes at a more than attainable price, especially when compared to what you'd have to fork out to get your hands on a genuine second-hand TV-303.
The TD-3: The Return of a LegendAlmost the entire catalogue of electronic music produced throughout the '90s (yes, Acid included) was usually driven by a 303. This was not just due to the incredibly popular 303-sound, but due to the incredible simplicity of the thing. In honour of this effective simplicity, the TD-3 is built around an oscillator (sawtooth or square), a filter and a step-sequencer. The original 303 always had an 18dB filter but, since no one quite knew how it worked anyway, the architecture of the original chip has been lost and replaced with a less obscure 24dB filter - highly tweakable for any sound-designer. Even with the 6dB difference, this little bass box is still able to spit freaky loops using a singing filter with brilliantly weird accents, overdrive and almost-human sounding slides.
Further HighlightsBesides its deep vintage roots, the TD-3 is definitely a synthesizer of our times. Around the back, you'll find a MIDI input and a MIDI Out/Thru as well a thoroughly modern USB-MIDI port. A single CV port is also included so that the TD-3 can freely interface with Eurorack gear and other equipment. In terms of controls, besides the addition of a small corner of encoders that can be used to set the distortion level, things have been kept as straightforward as the original 303, because why would you need more?
- Amazing Bass Line synthesizer with true analog circuitry for bass and groove sounds
- Authentic reproduction of original circuitry with matched transistors
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- Sawtooth and square waveform VCO with transistor wave-shaping circuitry
- Amazing 4-pole low-pass resonant filter with cut-off, resonance, envelope, decay and accent controls
- Easy-to-use 16-step sequencer with 7 tracks, each with 250 user patterns
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- Distortion circuitry modeled after the DS-1* adds insane spice and edge to your sounds
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- 11 controls and 28 switches to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- MIDI and USB implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Italy